Disclaimer: Kuzoo and I are not medical professionals, nutritionists, or any type of healthcare related professionals. This article is strictly for informational purposes only. We do not recommend you substitute tea for certain medications; if you are unsure about the effects talk to your doctor first before beginning any new regimen. There are affiliate links throughout certain posts and if you click on those links you will be redirected to another website. Any purchases you make Kuzoo & I will receive a small commission at no extra charge for you.
Summer is here so it’s time to break out the summer drinks! When we think of summer drinks one of the first things that come to mind is a mojito!
Kuzoo and I are not big alcohol drinkers so this recipe is more like a treat.
Since we do not drink that often we have made this recipe virgin but also added the optional “add rum” if you so desire.
This is a simple, quick and easy recipe that can be made in large portions for parties. Or have one of those drink alone nights (maybe with a bubble bath too!)
Both Kuzoo and I agree that the virgin was a bit limey for our taste. Next time we will use less lime slices. Instead of using 2 limes using 1 lime instead. The alcohol version was much better because the rum diluted the strong citrus lime aftertaste.
It was a very light tasting drink after the rum was added though! The drink created a mental image of us on a beautiful yacht sippin on our matcha refreshment. It has a slightly bitter taste with a touch of umami from the matcha. We both agree that lime and matcha blended wonderfully together.
- 1 tsp. high quality Matcha, sifted
- 1 cup hot filtered water
- 1 tsp. agave or you can use maple syrup or a simple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- 2 lime slices for muddling, extra for garnish (If you do not want a citrusy drink use only 1 lime instead of 2)
- 3-4 mint leaves for muddling, extra for garnish
- Ice cubes
- In your serving glass, gently muddle the lime slices & mint leaves.
- In a separate cup or bowl, sift & whisk your matcha into the hot water. Then, add your agave until it is fully dissolved.
- Add ice to the serving glass & combine the matcha mix with your mint & lime slices. Remember to add your lime juice too!
- Stir, garnish with the extra mint & lime wedges & enjoy!
Notes: Since the water will be hot you may have to add extra ice to make the drink nice & cold. Unless a hot drink is your jam.
Craving a real cocktail? Add a shot of white rum!
*If you give this recipe a try, send us a photo of your creation on our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! Include the hashtag #matchaforme. We would love to see how creative y’all can get with this recipe! Happy sippin!